Reaching and teaching children one heart at a time.
We understand that families today face many challenges. Our goal is to help relieve the stress of finding safe, loving, affordable care. We opened our doors in 1997 and we believe that the process of teaching begins with reaching a child’s heart. Children who feel safe and loved are better able to learn.
The church built a beautiful Sunday School addition designed especially for young children. The preschool program of the Children’s Learning Center shares this space. After-schoolers meet in the Education Building.
The Center is an outreach ministry of the Church. While attendance at worship services and church membership are not a requirement for enrollment, our sincere hope is that families of the Center will feel welcome to participate in the many activities and services of the Church. Please visit the church's website for more information http://www.walnutgrovebaptist.com/
Philosophy and Goals
We recognize that God has created each person in a unique way, so we strive to meet the individual needs of every child in our care. We believe that the process of teaching begins with reaching a child’s heart. Children who feel safe and loved are better able to learn. We provide experiences and hands-on activities for children to develop at their own pace in the following areas:
- Spiritual: getting to know God through Bible stories, songs and adult modeling
- Social: interacting with peers and adults in play/activities that builds social skills and promotes conflict resolution
- Emotional: recognizing and managing feelings to develop resiliency and a positive sense of self
- Physical: developing better control of large and small muscles that leads to body awareness and increased self-help skills
- Cognitive: acquiring age-appropriate thinking skills in order to become confident learners and problem solvers
Mon - Fri: 7AM - 6PM